Q: injectors only spray 3 times and quit.

Truck ran fine when we parked it,, went to start the next day, it fires, runs for a second and dies. injectors only flash with test light 2-3 times. engine light not on, and no codes found. have tried changing ECM with one from salvage yard but no change. any ideas?

A: Hi there. Check to see if the security sys...

Hi there. Check to see if the security system is active. The injectors will stop working if the security system is active. If so, then check there are some damaged wires to the passlock switch on the steering column. Remove the steering column shrouds around the ignition lock cylinder. Inspect the wiring harness coming out of the lock cylinder. Make sure the wires are not rubbed through or broken. If the wires are okay, the connect a digital ohm meter to the wiring harness at the lock cylinder. Check for a complete circuit on the lock cylinder. If there is no complete circuit, then you have a bad lock cylinder or a bad connection between the key and cylinder. If everything look good, then it is possible that the cluster to security system has failed and needs replaced.