Q: Injectors leaking oil

When the car gets to about 50 mph the car seems to loose power

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

Without specific make, model, engine and transmission information, it’s hard to give a specific answer. There are however some common issues that can make a car lose power above 50mph. It could be a transmission shifting issue, or it could be an engine related issue such as a failed mass air flow meter, or weak fuel pressure. You mentioned injectors, and failing injectors can cause drivability issues on both gasoline and diesel powered cars. If it’s a diesel, the injectors are generally mounted directly into the combustion chamber, so a failing injector or injector seal could also cause low compression, which could cause low power. There is also a possibility that it could be a plugged catalytic converter or exhaust system. Because there are so many possibilities, I recommend you have a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the low power issue for you.

3. Injectors leaking oil