Q: Injectors leaking oil

When the car gets to about 50 mph the car seems to loose power

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. Without ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

Without specific make, model, engine and transmission information, it’s hard to give a specific answer. There are however some common issues that can make a car lose power above 50mph. It could be a transmission shifting issue, or it could be an engine related issue such as a failed mass air flow meter, or weak fuel pressure. You mentioned injectors, and failing injectors can cause drivability issues on both gasoline and diesel powered cars. If it’s a diesel, the injectors are generally mounted directly into the combustion chamber, so a failing injector or injector seal could also cause low compression, which could cause low power. There is also a possibility that it could be a plugged catalytic converter or exhaust system. Because there are so many possibilities, I recommend you have a qualified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the low power issue for you.