Q: In a 2012 Mazda2 is it possible to add auto light control, and what parts are needed?

The 2012 Mazda2 Sport came with or without automatic light control, and as someone who forgets to turn them off I could really use this. Is it possible to convert it/add the option? I realize it would involve a sensor and a new switch, but it might be worth it if the car is pre-wired for it.

It’s possible, but it wouldn’t be cheap or easy. The automatic headlight system in this model vehicle uses a light/rain sensor. The information from the is sensor is then sent to the body control module, which directly controls the headlamp operation through a set of relays. You would have to add the wiring, corresponding circuit protection and sensor. The body control module might also need to be replaced or re-flashed to accept the configuration.

3. In a 2012 Mazda2 is it possible to add auto light control, and what parts are needed?