Q: Improving fuel economy on an Opel

Any mechanical tips in our modification to improve fuel economy? I'm currently driving an automatic Opel that spends 18 MPG. It's burning a hole in my wallet, given that European fuel is over 4 dollars a gallon.

It’s going to be a lot more than four dollars a gallon soon because the prices of oil got back up again. They are jeering in Texas but they are jeering everywhere else, too. Realize that, if you’ve got a big one, if it’s like a V8 OPel, they always get worse gas mileage because they are huge. But, if you were getting better gas mileage before, you’d want to get the fuel injectors pressure cleaned, and get a tune-up. Have a good mechanic analyze it to see if there is a problem with anything before you go any further, because if it is running right, it just means that you are driving fast and getting bad gas mileage due to your style of driving.