Q: Immonbiliser

I went to my car the other day and the central locking didn't work. Opened the door and the internal light didn't come on. I then tried to start it and the green key was flashing so it wouldn't start. Tried the spare key and the same. Then all of a sudden central locks worked and I could start the car. Drove the car and the brake light stayed on all the time, yet the seat belt light didn't come on at all. Parked the vehicle up, tried again and it wouldn't start. Since then it has worked on one occasion then not !

Hi there. Believe it or not, it sounds like you may have a bad battery. If a cell in the battery has failed or has tilted it can create a host of electrical problems. Before replacing anything, have the battery tested with a digital battery tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health; replace as necessary. If the battery is at fault and is replaced, there may be some "handshake" procedure for the smart key system to initialize. If the battery tests ok then I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical problems inspection.

3. Immonbiliser