Q: Immediate pick up

I have been having issues with my Nissan Patrol since some time now. if I stop on a traffic signal and when the signal gets green when I accelerate then the car isn't moving too much its only the sound then suddenly it jumps fast after a minute. I get annoyed and the drivers behind who keeps horning at me. Kindly suggest what could be the issue. The car was fine until I visited a unknown mechanic because the engine over heated and he told me there was engine failure he repaired it but since then this is the issue. I visited him again for this issue he told me this time there is fear failure.

It sounds like you are experiencing a failure of the automatic transmission. The delay in engagement followed by the sudden abrupt jump sounds just like a slipping transmission. If you are in the United States, I would suggest having a qualified technician from YourMechanic inspect and diagnose your acceleration concern. If not in our service area, have it inspected by a qualified independent technician in your area.

3. Immediate pick up