Q: Q: Oil filter

im replacing my filter on my ford explorer 1998 i wanna make sure that i replace all the gaskets when putting it back together ...

3. Q: Oil filter

Q: can a passenger assist handle be installed on the A pillar like on the 2012 explorer xlt?

It may be possible to mount the grab handle on the a pillar, however, it would require modification to the a pillar panel, and welding a nut to the 'A' pillar for the handle to attach to. This is not...

Q: Getting P0107 on OBD-II, mostly when car is in reverse gear and the Check Engine Light switches on.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor for any corrosion or burned pins. This is what the P0107 code is coming up for. Check for power to the sensor. Back probe the wires and...

Q: I think I was way overcharged for repairs.

Whether or not you were overcharged depends largely on what the labor rate is where you went. The cost per labor hour can be anywhere from $70 per hour in a small rural town shop to over $180 per hour...