Q: im having electrical issues

HI!!! I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH HEADLIGHTS, TAIL LIGHTS, BRAKE LIGHTS AND TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKING, WHEN THE THESE LIGHTS STOP WORKING MY WINDSHIELD WIPERS DON'T WORK. LOCK ALARM DOESN'T WORK WHEN THE LIGHTS DON'T WORK. IT ALSO SAYS MY EQUINOX IS RUNNING HOT WHEN ITS NOT. IT HAS DONE THIS BEFORE AND THEN STOPPED AND EVERYTHING STARTED WORKING AGAIN, NOW NOTHING WORKS. BASICALLY EVERY THING WILL COME BACK ON AND THE THEN STOPS AGAIN. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING? ONE MORE THING THE OUT SIDE TEMP LIGHT INSIDE ON MY DASH GOES CRAZY TOO.

Start off by disconnecting the battery and the body module. Add a small amount of stabilant 22 or dielectric lube to the pins and reconnect it. This may correct the problem. You may have to do the same to the engine control module.

Make sure battery is not connected during this service. You can get the lube at most auto parts stores. It’s most likely corrosion in the connectors for the various modules, this will cause these symptoms intermittently.

If you need assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your electrical issue and make the necessary repairs to your vehicle.