Q: Ignition stuck in the on position.

The ignition switch or the ignition coil is stuck in the on position.

A: This would be the ignition switch you are r...

This would be the ignition switch you are referring to. An ignition coil is what sends voltage to your spark plugs in order to make them fire. If your key is stuck in the ignition and in the on position; you can try to start the vehicle, shift to any other gear and then back to park, then shut off the engine and try to remove the key. If this does not work and the gear selector is fully engaged in the park position, the ignition switch may be compromised. I would recommend having the switch replaced by a professional if this is the case. YourMechanic technicians are mobile and would be able to conveniently diagnose and correct your issue at your location.