Q: Ignition stuck in run position

Hi my ignition is stuck in the run position and the key slides out can't turn ignition back to off

To resolve a problem like that the ignition switch assembly will have to be inspected and likely removed and repaired or replaced. If the ignition switch (the electrical component) is implicated, too, that will require some column disassembly. Note that these components are in the immediate vicinity of the air bag. The air bag MUST be disabled, even during mere inspection, as inadvertent air bag deployment can kill you. Be careful if you attempt any work yourself in the vicinity of an airbag. If you want the switch inspected and repaired or replaced, as need be, right at your location, please request an electrical component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.