Q: Ignition key not turning

My ignition key will not turn. I have tried everything to get it to work and it will not turn.

A: There are a couple of things that come to m...

There are a couple of things that come to mind. The lock cylinder might be damaged or your key might be worn. If you have tried turning your wheel from side to side while you attempt to turn the key, tried wiggling the key, etc. Then these two possibilities come to mind. The key being worn is a common issue in older cars. The repair is usually simple, if you have another key, simply try it and see if that works. If it does, cut a new key. If that still doesn’t work the lock cylinder might need to be replaced. Usually mechanics can replace lock cylinders, but if it is locked and won’t turn, you might need a locksmith to help you. If you would like assistance with this problem, I would have a certified mechanic from YourMechanic diagnose and repair your key ignition problem for you.