Q: Ignition key is locked

The ignition key is locked, and I can't start my car. Also, the dash warning lights are on, and there are no brake lights.

A: Try to move the key closer to the steering ...

Try to move the key closer to the steering column, to see if the key is recognized. If the problem is corrected, then you just need to keep the key closer to the steering column if the driver’s side door is opened while the engine is running. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and properly diagnose the cause of your locked ignition key.