Q: Ignition electrical problem no constant battery powering truck.

Don't know why but now my 85 c10 won't crank up and if I change the wires around on the starter it will crank up but as soon as you let the keys go it shuts off. No power to it...... Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be????

Hi there. Check the power wire to the ignition coil on the engine. If there is no power to the coil, then there is a break in the wiring from the coil to the ignition switch. If there is power to the coil, then either the coil is not working or the modulator is not working. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Ignition electrical problem no constant battery powering truck.