Q: Ignition cylinder wobbly

When the key is place in the ignition, it turns but does not start. The ignition cylinder is wobbly. For a week, I had to stick the key all the way down into the cylinder with pressure in order for it to start.

Hi, if the ignition cylinder is able to move around I would suspect the wiring connection inside the steering column. This piece should only rotate and small movements over time can bend wires and cause shorts. I would have the ignition cylinder wiring inspected for damage by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to diagnose exactly why your car is hard to start, and provide the repairs required.

3. Ignition cylinder wobbly