Q: ignition coil has a melted connector.

I have a 2007 lexus es350 and number 1 ignition coil has a melted connector. The coil cosmetically looks fine, not melted but the connector on the wires melted. what would cause this?

A: It sounds like the coil primary side circui...

It sounds like the coil primary side circuit has excessive low resistance, and is like a short. This could have overheated the wiring. I would recommend replacing the coil and also replacing or repairing connector. If you would like to have these repairs done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the wiring and follow through with the right repairs.