Q: Ignition, but not speedometer 2006 Dodge Charger

Have a 2006 Dodge Charger a replaced ignition starter switch,ignition actuator & my engine,ABS,ESP BAS lightson my dash are on & speedometer do not work. What can be the problem?

Hi there - if I understand your issue correctly, the speedometer is the failing component. Check fuses for the instrument cluster for blown fuses first, but most likely, the speedometer sensor (aka output speed sensor) on your transmission, or its wiring, is malfunctioning. If the problem is a lack of ignition (spark at the plugs) when starting, check first for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. Most auto parts stores will do this for you for free on a "time-available" basis. A failed crankshaft position sensor can cause a "no start" condition without tripping a problem code. For additional assistance, I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Ignition, but not speedometer 2006 Dodge Charger