Q: Ignition broken

Thieves attempted to steal the car and in the process broke something in the ignition. As a result, the car won't start.

A: Hello, from what you describe, it sounds li...

Hello, from what you describe, it sounds like they used a slide hammer on the ignition switch and broke it. When damaged, these ignition locks can be extremely difficult to be removed. Mercedes lists some of the parts like the key tumbler or keys as theft relevant pieces. I would recommend having a certified technician come to your location to inspect the ignition and determine what repairs can be made. They will be able to replace the ignition lock assembly, or any other ignition component, as needed.