Q: Ignition and AC problems.

My key will not turn all the way in the ignition to start the car. Also, the AC blows cold air while stopped, but once I start driving I hear a flapping sound, and then it starts to blow hot air.

Hello! As far as the key, there may be a component binding inside of the ignition lock cylinder. After years of abuse, a key can become very worn and pose problems when trying to turn the ignition. Since your AC does still blow cold air, the concern may lay with one of the blend doors inside the vehicles HVAC unit. The door’s connection may have become worn, or broken, allowing the door to move with the weight transfer of the vehicle. Have a certified mechanic inspect these systems. I highly recommend our trained professionals here at YourMechanic.