Q: Igniting acuator?

I had my keys get stuck in my ignition. I got the cylinder replaced and a new key made and programmed for my car. But now, when I turn my key, there is no resistance or difference between on and start. Someone told me it was my ignition acuator. Does this sound right?

A: Thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet ...

Thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Uplander. From what you’ve described the issue may be with your ignition switch that connects to the key cylinder. You should have the ignition switch checked and replaced if it is not holding the key in the run position. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose this issue and replace your ignition switch if necessary.