Q: Ign coil connector-gasket crumbles. Do I need to replace connector or gasket or is it ok asIS? Looks same as intake manifold gask

All my original Ignition coil connector-gasket crumbles. Do I need to replace connector or gasket or is it ok as is? Looks same as intake manifold gasket. A lot of orange pieces in spark plug chamber. Not sure if only the connector? How can I tell?

If you are referring to the boot on the plug end of each coil (you would have eight boots of course), if that is deteriorated and pieces are breaking off, yes those components should be replaced. The boots are sold separately. If there is water or oil in the chamber where the spark plug sits, or broken off gasket material of some sort, that should be looked at and the origin pinpointed. If you are referring perhaps to a gasket or seal, other than the boot on the coil, and it is deteriorated, yes, it should absolutely be replaced. To have your inquiry more fully addressed, and resolved as needed, please request service so that a mechanic can see what you have and more specifically advise you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Ign coil connector-gasket crumbles. Do I need to replace connector or gasket or is it ok asIS? Looks same as intake manifold gask