Q: If there is no noise coming from front end but it fails inspection, any idea on what could be wrong?

My husband has a 1997 Malibu and he went for an inspection sticker today and it failed due to the "left front end." There is no noises coming from the wheels while driving. I'm just curious as to what could possibly be the issue. Thank you.

The person doing the inspection may have found a part that is very badly worn like a wheel bearing or very loose steering tie rod. The problem should have been described a lot better so you could get an estimate on the repairs. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a look at the vehicle to determine left front end problem and figure out why the vehicle failed inspection then offer a personal estimate.

3. If there is no noise coming from front end but it fails inspection, any idea on what could be wrong?