Q: If the fuel pressure regulator needs to be replaced can you use one from any vehicle

wanna know if it has to be specific to that vehicle

A: Hello there, the fuel pressure regulator on...

Hello there, the fuel pressure regulator on your 2000 Mazda Protege is a critical part in the fuel system. The fuel pressure regulator manages the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and ensures the proper constant pressure.

You will not be able to use just any regulator, it must be the one for your vehicle and they have different pressure requirements and fittings. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your fuel pressure regulator and make any repairs required.