Q: If the flywheel in the starter is free spinning but no firing, is it okay to just change the solenoid or should I replace it all?

I have tried doing the "tap" jobs and such, and I can hear the fuel pump engage and prime, All lights are functional, I can hear the flywheel in the starter is spinning, just nothing is engaging.

A: I would recommend replacing the entire star...

I would recommend replacing the entire starter. The starter mechanism gear reduction on these starters bind and may not disengage from the flywheel and will burn the starter up in a short time. Replace the entire starter and it should fix your cranking problem.

Recommended services
Get a Quote