Q: If the flywheel in the starter is free spinning but no firing, is it okay to just change the solenoid or should I replace it all?

I have tried doing the "tap" jobs and such, and I can hear the fuel pump engage and prime, All lights are functional, I can hear the flywheel in the starter is spinning, just nothing is engaging.

I would recommend replacing the entire starter. The starter mechanism gear reduction on these starters bind and may not disengage from the flywheel and will burn the starter up in a short time. Replace the entire starter and it should fix your cranking problem.

3. If the flywheel in the starter is free spinning but no firing, is it okay to just change the solenoid or should I replace it all?