Q: If I set distributor to number 1 firing, then take the camshaft belt offset to top dead center, then put it back, would this effect my crank pully marks

Crank pully

A: Hello there, replacing the timing belt can ...

Hello there, replacing the timing belt can be a complicated procedure. If the timing is off when the belt is removed, or if it is installed incorrectly, then engine damage can result. The cam and crank both have timing marks that must line up. If you are unsure about its condition and want to have it checked, it is best to consult a professional for assistance. A qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your car and let you know if any repairs are needed.