Q: If I replace the cooling fan clutch, will it make my fan quieter?

Well, the fan in my car is really loud. I just put a new exhaust on it and I can't even hear it because the fan is too loud. And I have also been losing acceleration. Thank You & God Bless

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Look at the fan and unplug the harness. Spin the fan by hand and see if the fan blades are hitting the shroud or radiator. If the fan blades are not hitting anything, then the fan motor has dried up the grease on the bearings and you would need to replace the fan motor. If the blades are wobbly, then the shaft on the motor is bent or the fan blade assembly is broken and needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance diagnosing your fan blades, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.