Q: If I remove the crankshaft balancer gear box from the oil pan does it damage the engine? 2006 Mazda 6

If I remove the crankshaft balancer gear box from the oil pan does it damage the engine?

Hi - YES, this will damage the engine if you remove this! This balance mechanism is there to counter an imbalance that is present the crankshaft and other rotating components. If you remove this, those components will be out of balance, which will damage crankshaft bearings, and could potentially cause rapid engine failure. This is NOT a good idea.

• If I remove the crankshaft balancer gear box from the oil pan does it damage the engine? 2006 Mazda 6