Q: If I drive for more then 10 min temp gauge reads hot then goes back down a little. Also says I have hot coolant. 2007 Pontiac GP

Says it overheating after driving 10 minutes. Temp gauge rises to last four marks then drops back down to a little more than normal. Icon comes on while driving saying hot coolant. Low oil pressure icon also comes on every once in a while. I only drive it from work and back which is only 10 min away. I had a diagnostic done and was told the codes where overheating codes. Not waterpump or leak

It sounds like you may potentially have a blown cylinder head gasket. A blown head gasket may cause a number of different symptoms. A head gasket that fails between cylinders will generally cause a misfire and potentially compression leaks from one cylinder into another. Low compression will eventually result in a rough idling engine. When the head gasket fails between a cylinder and the coolant port, coolant may leak into the cylinder causing it to be burnt with the fuel charge in the combustion chamber. This often results in misfires on startup, especially after the engine is run, turned off and restarted and in some cases may result in the engine not maintaining enough cylinder compression to even run or start. This type of failure may not always show with a compression test. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose the symptoms you describe.

3. If I drive for more then 10 min temp gauge reads hot then goes back down a little. Also says I have hot coolant. 2007 Pontiac GP