Q: If I can put on a dolly for long mileage

I want to put my BMW z3 on a dolly from Ottawa to Florida, I want to know if I will burn my transmission

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle’s owners manual should have a good amount of information on how to handle towing for the vehicle. Typically automatic transmissions do not want to be towed via dolly for more that 30 miles or so. With the distance you are driving, you should consider other towing options besides a dolly. You would want the axle that is connected to the transmission to be off of the ground. This means you would want to tow with the back wheels on the dolly. Automatic transmissions need the engine running to keep the pump going and the transmission lubricated. Most BMW enthusiasts are going to encourage you to flatbed the truck and keep it off of the road entirely.