Q: IF I AM NOT GETTING HEAT IN MY CAR UNTIL I HAVE DRIVEN IT FOR 2-3MI AFTER WARMING IT FOR 15-30MIN WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

IF I AM NOT GETTING HEAT IN MY CAR UNTIL I HAVE DRIVEN IT FOR 3-4 MILES AFTER LETTING IT RUN/IDLE FOR 15-30 MIN BEFORE DRIVING IT, WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

Hi there:

To be completely honest, there is most likely nothing wrong with your Nissan Maxima’s heater. If your starting the car for the first time in the morning or during the day, and the engine hasn’t built up heat, it will take about 10 to 15 minutes of idle or driving for a few miles for engine to create enough heat that is transferred to the engine’s coolant and circulated to the heater core of your vehicle. It’s always best to let the engine idle for a minute or two before beginning to drive; but if you start getting heat in a few minutes after driving, the system’s working the way it’s designed. If you experience issues with your heater not supplying warm air after a while of driving, contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a heater is not working inspection.

• IF I AM NOT GETTING HEAT IN MY CAR UNTIL I HAVE DRIVEN IT FOR 2-3MI AFTER WARMING IT FOR 15-30MIN WHAT COULD BE WRONG?