Q: If a tire is plugged twice right beside each other, would you be able to see if it had been plugged from the outside of the tire?

I recently bought a new car, they claimed to have done a 110-point inspection. A few weeks later my tire starts going flat. I take it in and the look at it and say it had been plugged twice as if two nails had punctured the tire right beside each other and showed me the inside of the tire. I replaced the tire and went back to the dealership and asked why they sold me this car without telling me and they said they would have no way of knowing even after doing this so called inspection. So my question is, would they have been able to tell if it was plugged, if they had gone over the vehicle like they were supposed to?

An inspection is only as good as the time spent and the person doing the inspection. I can say that a plug may be hard to spot. If the plug was there for a while, then it would be road worn and even harder to spot. If the dealer wanted to do the right thing then they should help you out with a replacement tire. However, various dealerships will obviously have different policies for handling these types of situations.

3. If a tire is plugged twice right beside each other, would you be able to see if it had been plugged from the outside of the tire?