Q: Q: Idling high

I have a 88' Ford Mustang fox body and its idling at 3,000 rpms.

3. Q: Idling high

Q: Oil cap is milky, but the dipstick isn't and the coolant isn't bubbling. Please advise.

The discoloration likely represents the effects of entrained moisture in the oil on the cap surface. There can normally be a certain amount of condensation in an engine, for example as weather conditions change or if the engine sits for...

Q: Steering stopped working while I was driving

A recall on Ford Escapes came out in 2014 related to this issue. The torque sensor on the steering column is the likely cause of failure as this has been the case for many other Escape owners. Unfortunately to replace...

Q: P0171 and P0174 codes

For one, these codes are for a lean condition and are not O2 sensor specific codes. It is true that some of the newer Fords have an issue with the purge valve staying on, putting a vacuum on the system...