Q: Q: Idling high

I have a 88' Ford Mustang fox body and its idling at 3,000 rpms.

Hi there. Generally speaking, a high engine idle is typically caused by one of two things - a loose or damaged vacuum line or vacuum leak, or an idle control valve that is stuck or damaged. It’s also possible for a computer malfunction or faulty fuse to cause this issue too. To know which one is causing this problem, I always recommend a high engine idle inspection to be completed by a professional mobile mechanic. This will allow one of our technicians to come to your location and correctly diagnose the root source of this problem, so the right repairs can be completed correctly the first time. This saves time, money and reduces frustration quite a bit.

3. Q: Idling high