Q: Q: Idling problem.

can mass air flow sensor cause car to idle at between 3000-4000 rpms in park or neutral will run around 1700 rpm in gear have already replaced throttle body

Hi There, This may be caused by a vacuum leak or potentially a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. A vacuum leak may allow too much air into the motor in relation to the fuel mixture causing the motor idle to run high as you describe. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it enters the motor relaying this information to the ECU. The ECU uses this information to make adjustments to the air/fuel mixture to allow for the proper air/fuel charge to be injected into the motor. When this valve is dirty or faulty, this may cause inaccurate readings to be relayed to the ECU which causes incorrect adjustments to be made to the air/fuel ratio. This may cause the idle to run high or in some cases may cause the motor to stall. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.

3. Q: Idling problem.