Q: Idling and dashboard lights

Just had a JDM engine swap done. The car runs wonderful and smooth. However at a light or stop the idle will start out fine but then hesitate a little or act like it might want to stall. In park it doesn't do it. Also I noticed yesterday a few interior dash lights dimming or flickering. Specifically the temperature knob, air circulation and rear defrost button lights. I went to have my battery tested and they told me the battery needed to be charged. That's it for now. The alternator is brand new and tested fine.

You should have the battery load tested after the battery is fully charged up. The battery may cause erratic running and idle condition if the battery is bad or low on charge. The alternator should be able to recharge the battery after a few days of driving or the battery may need replaced.

3. Idling and dashboard lights