Q: idles rough code sensors

My Z3 had a rough idle. I got the codes read and replaced my oxygen sensors, but my car still won't idle normally. To tell you the truth it’s worse more than ever now. Do the codes need to be reset for the it to get a reading from the new sensors?

A: Hello. It may be the new oxygen sensor not ...

Hello. It may be the new oxygen sensor not being completely compatible with the vehicle causing it to run worse. Have a technician ensure that the new oxygen sensor is wired correctly. Also, check the reviews for the oxygen sensor you replaced.

If the new oxygen sensor itself is causing the issue then it has likely been reported in reviews already. I think a Bosch sensor’s will work best with your vehicle. I’ve personally seen a BMW (German made) run similar to yours after installing an Denso (Japanese made) oxygen sensor. The concern was already expressed by customers on reviews but the company had not fixed them yet. As soon as we took out the Denso and put in a Bosh (German) oxygen sensor, the vehicle ran fine and the Check Engine Light did not return.

I’d suggest getting some help from a certified technician to diagnose your Check Engine Light firsthand and replace your oxygen sensor if necessary.