Q: I would like to put a gas cap on the no-cap fuel tank. Does anyone know what year parts will work?

I have replaced the no-cap neck and vent, twice. and the check engine light still comes on. Mechanic told me that a regular cap from a different year will fit. But I don't know the year. Can anyone help me.

There may be additional changes in the fuel inlet for the tank than just a different pipe. The different type of fuel tank may not be compatible with the older style cap style. I cannot recommend modifying the fuel fill. You may be able to check a junk yard to look at the older vehicles to see if they will work.

3. I would like to put a gas cap on the no-cap fuel tank. Does anyone know what year parts will work?