Q: I would like to know what is the newest engine I can in my truck

I would like to know what the newest engine size I could drop in my truck

The 3.9L engine that you presently have is identical, and thus fully interchangeable, with all of the 3.9L engines used in versions of the Dodge Ram during model years 1995 through 2003. That gives you a lot of options in case you are looking for a newer used engine. However, unfortunately, you cannot install a "different" size engine in your truck, because a different size engine will be incompatible with your present powertrain control module and vehicle wiring harness. If you are interested in an engine replacement, YourMechanic professionals in certain locales can assist with that. Please simply inquire based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I would like to know what is the newest engine I can in my truck