Q: I would like to add a supercharger

I am in the market but need to decide if it is a good idea to put a super charger on it.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. When it comes to beefing up an engine, a supercharger is a good way to do so. When deciding on what supercharger you would need, first you need to know is that your engine is a stock engine with 10.8 to 1 compression ratio, which could be too much of compression for a supercharger.

When selecting a supercharger, you would need to find one that has an adjustment to reduce the pressure. Most superchargers produce anywhere from 4 psi of boost to 20 psi of boost of cars. I recommend having the boost at 8 psi and less. Do not exceed 8 psi of boost or the engine could come apart for it is not built to handle more than 8 psi of boost. If you are really interested in adding some power to the engine, then this could be a good way to do so. But you will have to consider the cost and how much work it will take to have this done and weigh that against the amount of power that you are adding.

3. I would like to add a supercharger