Q: I went to check fluids on my 2002 Ford Taurus and got to the radiator overflow opened it and it has black like oil inside of it I 2002 Ford Taurus

I went to check the fluids in my car and got to the radiator overflow and there is like black oil in it the car isn't overheating at all but the oil light did flash on and off yesterday and the oil dipstick isn't low at my heater won't work it get hot for 2 mins and then turns cold please help this is my first car and I just bought it 2 weeks ago

Hello - check the oil pressure with an actual gauge. The oil pressure switch that controls that warning comes on when oil pressure drops to about 5 psi - a dangerously low pressure reading for your engines health. I also recommend a engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. It is likely you have a blown head gasket, and oil is leaking into the coolant system.

3. I went to check fluids on my 2002 Ford Taurus and got to the radiator overflow opened it and it has black like oil inside of it I 2002 Ford Taurus