Q: I washed the engine bay and now it wont start.

After spraying engine i thought it would be electrical causing it not to start. But i got eather and sprayed into the intake and it fires right up. Im thinking it might be the Camshaft sensor. All fuses in the box under hood are hot along with the relays. Am i missing the problem?

Hi there:

If the engine was hot when you cleaned the engine compartment, you may have cracked a few critical parts which might cause the non-starting issue. However, what happens most of the time is that water finds its way into the throttle body by way of the air intake. If you remove the air intake and fully dry the inside, the air filter and the throttle body and the non-start issue still exists, double check all of your sensor attachments (as high pressure hoses can damage electrical sensor harnesses). If you’re still not able to find the issue, contact a mobile mechanic to complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. I washed the engine bay and now it wont start.