Q: I was told the ball joint on my 2010 Nissan Cube was bad and needed to be replaced. The dealership estimated that is would cost $

I took my Cube in for a routine oil change and was hit with Ball Joint Replacement. And an almost $800 price tag. The service specialist I spoke with even told me that was using after market parts (which I am sure they always use). I am fine if the is the price, but he started out the ball joint conversation withI notice you have an extended warranty. The specialist told me the were fine to drive on for now until he learned that the warranty expired last summer now the ball joint is so bad that it has to be replaced RIGH NOW for $788.00. I just wantto know of this is normal or are they taking me for a ride.

Hi there. A sudden change like that would make anyone skeptical. The best weapon in your arsenal now is a second opinion. You could be in need of a ball joint replacement just as they stated, but did they show you the ball joint and explain why? I suggest a second opinion by a qualified technician. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a suspension inspection.

3. I was told the ball joint on my 2010 Nissan Cube was bad and needed to be replaced. The dealership estimated that is would cost $