Q: I was told that I need ball joints on my 1996 Dodge ram I don't have the time to fool with it nor some of the tools that are need

I hear a popping around the ball joint. And there's a looseness in this during I was told by a mechanic that I need it mowed joints I don't know for sure whether it's upper and lower

In your application, there are 4 ball joints in all, 2 per side. Typically, if one has failed (upper or lower), the one on the other side of the vehicle is not far behind and so both are just replaced at one time. These ball joints are removable from the control arm or the complete control arm can be replaced with a new ball joint already installed. If the control arm bushings are worn as well, it is generally more efficient to just replace the whole control arm, again that would include an already installed ball joint. As far as how many of the joints have failed, you have mentioned one but typically if "one" has failed, all of them are worn beyond the limit. Only an inspection will determine that, though. If you desire that the ball joints be evaluated by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a ball joint inspection/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• I was told that I need ball joints on my 1996 Dodge ram I don't have the time to fool with it nor some of the tools that are need