Q: i was told power steering pump needed to be replaced and hoses were leaking

i was not having a problem with steering at all and the weird sound i would hear even sitting still seemed to come from the pulley. turns out pulley was loose how ever my power steering pump sits on top and when the mechanic went to take it off he had not protected any of the other components so i noticed the fluid was going right inside my alternator on all the belts and when i mentioned it to the mechanic he reply was it happens he broke the pump when installing it and continued on and he was turning my wheel left to right and was now screaming with tire movement which was not the prior issue. it was only making noise from the wheel that the belt runs on before.i asked him if he was suppose to flush out old fluid he told me he didn't have to. while sitting there with what ever fluid was running through if any at all was even making to the rack, because it was seeping from the new pump while putting it on to the car he broke it would that have been enough to break my rack

3. i was told power steering pump needed to be replaced and hoses were leaking