Q: I was told I needed a engine variable timing solenoid.

Truck is hesitating to start and pick up on speed. Was told it might be engine variable timing solenoid

The Variable Valve Timing in your vehicle is designed to provide smoother idling, better power delivery and also helps to provide better fuel economy. In order to accomplish this, it often times requires either advancing or retarding the ignition and fuel timing in the motor to accommodate a particular condition. This is done with the help of the variable valve timing system, which works on the delivery of oil pressure and is controlled by a variable valve timing (VVT) solenoid that helps to regulate this oil pressure flow. When this solenoid fails, this will cause the check engine light to come on in conjunction with poor engine performance and poor fuel economy. Other causes of this may also be dirty or contaminated engine oil which can cause the oil to clog or impede the flow of oil between a filter screen that sits between the pressure switch and the solenoid. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. I was told I needed a engine variable timing solenoid.