Q: I was replacing the power window motor and the clips that hold it in place broke, what can I do so I can use my window?

There are 3 tabs and 2 clips. Both clips broke and 2 tabs broke.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. You will have to remove the window regulator from the door. Take a flat tip screwdriver and use it to pry off the broken part of the clip. You will need to get a new clip and install it into the regulator. Then install the window regulator back into the door. You need to use the clips that are designed to hold up the regulator so the window track will be in the correct position to seal the window when shut. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. I was replacing the power window motor and the clips that hold it in place broke, what can I do so I can use my window?