Q: I was putting in the alternator and then after I had all the bolts tighten down all that I heard a hissing sound and then the freo

Can I weld a compressor I change out the alternator and right when I was done tidying up the bullets I started hearing a hissing sound in the fluid started coming out is it possible that I can weld it please help and give me something

Your vehicle has R134a refrigerant. If you weld on a system that has any remaining R134a refrigerant in it, combustion of that refrigerant WILL create poisonous gases that will injure or kill you. Indeed, the firefighting instructions for R134a fires requires full breathing apparatus. The bottom line is I wouldn’t recommend welding, if it were even possible because the compressor will be distorted by the weld and then leak. The only solution in the event of a break is to replace the component that has broken, whether that be the tube or the compressor. That approach will be less costly for you, safer, and result in a more durable and professional repair. If you desire that a certified mechanic inspect the damage and perform the necessary repairs, please request an a/c system inspection. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I was putting in the alternator and then after I had all the bolts tighten down all that I heard a hissing sound and then the freo