Q: i was driving down the expressway playing with the cruise when it just stopped running i have power but when i turn the switch

I check the starter but its good could it be the ignition switch or fuses

A: The cruise control should not be related to...

The cruise control should not be related to anything in your vehicle that would otherwise cause it to die. However, this is a known issue with the Chevy HHR and is often a result of unresolved electrical issue. I would recommend taking the car to the Chevrolet dealer to have to perform a computer reset which will correct the issue at least temporarily and in some cases this has fixed it permanently. If you would rather have an independent technician take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and have this problem addressed appropriately.