Q: I was backing in a parking spot, and my car dropped dead. Was able to shift to park, but key won't turn, I just bought the battery

I was backing up my 2012 impala, and suddenly it just drop dead. I was able to shift it to park but the key won't turn or the dash won't light up. I firmly pressed all the electrical fuses and even tried to jump my car off with another car and still no sound as if the car has no battery. I bought the battery about a month ago and my horn still blow so it's not the battery. Can anybody please give me some advice. Car trouble is the worst.

This sounds like an electrical problem and one possibility is the ignition switch has failed. If there is no starter motor operation at the moment, a simple trace of the starting circuit would reveal, for that circuit, where the fault lies. The ignition switch, of course, is in the starter motor circuit. What I would recommend is that you request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I was backing in a parking spot, and my car dropped dead. Was able to shift to park, but key won't turn, I just bought the battery