Q: I want to purchase this car is it worth it for $800?

This will be my first car that I have ever bought. I want to make sure that it's worth buying. It's said to not have any problems but from what I read online they require a lot of maintenance. I really love the body type and want to make sure in am not making a huge mistake buying a car that's older than I am.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Since this car is well over 30 years old then it is not valued anymore by the book value but by its collectors value. You need to keep in mind that the parts for any repairs it may need minor or major parts may not be around anymore. If a fender gets damaged then it cannot be found. The ignition and carburetors on the car are not very reliable after the age sets in. You can run into a lot of repairs and finding mechanics that know these older cars are getting hard to find. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do a pre purchase inspection to look for major issues with the car before you purchase it.

3. I want to purchase this car is it worth it for $800?