Q: I want to purchase a used car - which option is better?

1.Mazda Cx-7 ,89000 miles 2010 model Black color ,price $7000 ##############################

1. Lexus Rx350 ,218000 miles 2009 model Silver color, price $10000 ##############################

I want a car for daily use on highway about 35 miles/day and after 1.5 years to 2.5 years i want sell the same car as i am here for limited time..

I need a car value for money.

Which car should i buy?

A: Hi there. That’s a good question you’ve pre...

Hi there. That’s a good question you’ve presented. However, there is no way for us to see the vehicle from the "Ask a Mechanic" forum. You have two options, both of which could be very reliable vehicles. The unknowns are what concerns us all when trying to purchase a used vehicle. The Mazda seems to be known for turbo, transmission, and headlamp problems, while the Lexus is known for water pump, steering rack, and timing cover problems. The best solution is to have a qualified technician perform an inspection on each vehicle and provide a detailed report/estimate for you to compare. YourMechanic has several available technicians who can assist you with a pre-purchase inspection.