Q: I want to know if I'm going to pay to much for a RACK N PINION - SLIGHT LEAK and OIL PAN GASKET, they are asking 1240 dollars is t

For a RACK N PINION - SLIGHT LEAK and OIL PAN GASKET - SLIGHT LEAK is 1240 dollars a good price?

A: This would be considered a fairly normal pr...

This would be considered a fairly normal price for replacing an oil pan gasket and a rack and pinion. Whether or not to replace the rack and pinion or oil pan gasket is up to you. It would depend on the severity of the leak. If you say that the leak is only slight and if you are not having to add fluid, I would disregard this for a while if you need to. If the leak is a faster leak that requires you to add fluid often, I would maybe recommend breaking it down to two repairs starting with the leak that is the fastest or the least expensive. Once again, the decision to replace these items would depend entirely on the speed at which they are leaking.